Made on a Mac with
Claris Home Page 3.0.
Blog engine: Samizdat,
based on PHPosxom,
based on Blosxom.
What is a weblog?
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
News about nature and the environment in Singapore - Archives
List of Categories : errata * about * map * cycling * events * marine * animalwelfare * envt * jobs * research * talks * photos * coastalcleanup * news * education * cameratraps * tvradio * internet * software * nature * malaysia * books * heritage * trade * stamps * articles * parliament * conceptplan * world *
Wed 30 Jul 2008
National Day launch of International Year of the Reef in Singapore
Category : marine
Reef Celebrations! Launch of International Year of the Reef in Singapore
Saturday 9th August 2008
Venue: Function Hall, Botany Centre, Singapore Botanic Gardens (above Taman Serasi foodcourt). How to get there.
Schedule of talks and activities
- 10.30am: "Life and Death at Chek Jawa" sharing experiences of a study of mass deaths on Chek Jawa following flooding in 2007, a talk by Loh Kok Sheng.
- 11.30am: “Wishing upon a Star” about our Knobbly sea stars, a recent emergence of baby Knobblies and discovery of a large population at Cyrene Reef, a talk by Tan Sijie, Star Trackers.
- 12.30-1pm: MAD for turtles (make a difference for turtles) : Games for kids about threats to turtles and how kids can help, by Cicada Tree Eco-Place and the Raffles Institution with four stations. Suitable for kids aged 4-8 years.
- 2pm: “Are there reefs left in Singapore?” lifting the veil to reveal the hidden biodiversity of this almost forgotten realm, a talk by Jeffrey Low, NParks Biodiversity Reference Centre.
- 3pm: “Southern Haunt” about diving at Pulau Hantu, bringing clarity to the usually murky waters with underwater photos and videos, a talk by Debby Ng, Hantu Bloggers.
- 4pm: "Green, Mean, Photosynthesizing Machines!" a talk by Yang Shufen, TeamSeagrass and NParks Biodiversity Reference Centre.
Find out more at the IYOR webpage.