Made on a Mac with
Claris Home Page 3.0.
Blog engine: Samizdat,
based on PHPosxom,
based on Blosxom.
What is a weblog?
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
News about nature and the environment in Singapore - Archives
List of Categories : errata * about * map * cycling * events * marine * animalwelfare * envt * jobs * research * talks * photos * coastalcleanup * news * education * cameratraps * tvradio * internet * software * nature * malaysia * books * heritage * trade * stamps * articles * parliament * conceptplan * world *
Tue 22 Dec 2009
Job opportunity: Education Officer with the Raffles Museum
Category : jobs
The Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research is inviting applications for the position of Education Officer to assist in its education and outreach programmes.
Scope of work
- Conduct workshops and guided nature walks.
- Participate in field trips and research.
- Manage enquiries, events and perform basic administrative duties.
- Write nature articles, including blogs.
- A basic university degree in Science, majoring in Biology.
- Good knowledge of biology, nature and biodiversity of Singapore.
- Good interpersonal and organisation skills.
- Able to teach all levels of students and members of the public.
- Likes to interact with people, especially students.
- Must be able to work on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays and at late or very early hours.
- Basic photography skills.
- Must be able to swim proficiently. Ability to dive will be an advantage.
- Ability to drive will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of basic computer programmes such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Willing to learn and have a passion for nature and the environment.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and CV to Wang Luan Keng at firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th January 2010.