Made on a Mac with
Claris Home Page 3.0.
Blog engine: Samizdat,
based on PHPosxom,
based on Blosxom.
What is a weblog?
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Fri 06 Jul 2007
AVA Pocket Calendar Design competition
Category : animalwelfare
Fri 06 Jul 2007
Heritage Fest 2007: Pasir Panjang Heritage Trail (21 & 28 Jul 2007)
Category : events
Heritage Fest 2007 is asking "What's your Story?", and so the Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research and Reflections at Bukit Chandu have decided to invite you on a 3-hour walk with Raffles Museum Toddycats. They have plenty of stories to share with you:
- Raffles Museum Public Gallery: "Singapore Stories" - seven tales of surprises and tragic accidents with wildlife in Singapore with the Raffles Museum Gallery Guides.
- Siglap Turtle (1883),
- Pasir Panjang Tiger Shark (1967),
- East Coast Black Marlin (1986),
- Bukit Timah's last Leaf Monkey (1987),
- Mandai Road Leopard Cat roadkill (2001)
- East Coast Sea Cow (2001)
- The 4.4 metre King Cobra (2002)
- Kent Ridge, the view of southern islands, the park and canopy walk with the Pasir Panjang Heritage Guides
- How did Kent Ridge get its name?
- Get to know the plants of the Adinandra belukar and other natives like adinandra, tembusu, tiup-tiup and senduduk, and their practical uses as well.
- The southern view reveals the south-western islands and the changing Pasir Panjang shoreline, brought alive by the stories of former residents while sea eagles soar above us.
- Visit the other canopy walk in Singapore with a view of Alexandra Hill where we are sometimes surprised by flying dragons, crested green lizards and squirrels.
- Reflections at Bukit Chandu - everything we tell you about the Battle of Pasir Panjang earlier will come together in this sombre but tranquil recollection of the valiant defense of the path to Singapore City by members of the Malay Regiment.
For Registration details, please see Heritage Fest 2007.