Wed 27 Oct 2004
"The Gossamer Pavilions"
Category : talks
"The Gossamer Pavilions" - A discussion of priorities for biodiversity in Singapore and the ASEAN region".
"In visualizing life we travel nomenclaturally outward through the gossamer pavilions of Earth's biodiversity" - Edward O. Wilson, in "The Future of Life" (2002).
Speakers: Earl of Cranbrook (ITZN), A/P Peter Ng (Raffles Museum, NUS & ICZN Commissioner) & Dr Lena Chan (NParks Biodiversity Center).
Monday 1st November: 4.00pm - 5.30pm at the NUS Science Auditorium (LT31). All are welcome. See the BEJC webpage for details.
Wed 27 Oct 2004
Nature Society's Circle of Life, Sat 6 Nov 2004: 9.30am
Category : events
NATURE FUN AT MILLENIA WALK INCLUDES:
2. Biodiversity exhibitions by biodiversity partners
3. Biodiversity Games by schools and volunteer organisations
4. Biodiversity Hunt (a biodiversity treasure hunt for the whole family)
5. imPRESS with nature -- make your own nature tee-shirts!
6. Rap for Nature (learn a nature rap!)
5. Digital Art Painting Exhibition on Nature - Singapore's Biodiversity by epSITE Imaging Gallery -- learn how to digi-paint nature!
6. Biodiversity merchandise booths
7. Guided Nature Walks at Marina City Park (shuttle buses to the Park available from Millenia Walk free upon sign-up for the programme)
The day would be devoted to nature education with the aim of raising awareness and appreciation of Singapore's biodiversity. The Nature Society (Singapore) would be most grateful if you and your family support this education and community outreach event by your presence and participation. Admission is free!"